I think it is at a point where I can let people have a play with this plugin. I don't think it is 100% complete but it is pretty good as it is.
Download the plugin and activate it in Mango Blog. * Requires the jQuery Plugin!
In Posts or Pages you can use the tag [ gmap] and [/gmap ] (Without the spaces) to wrap the variables for your map.
The allowed variables are:
- Address: *REQUIRED* Can be an Address, Town, Postcode or
- Address is the location of the marker and the centre of the map
- Zoom: Can be an integer between 1 and 20
- Zoom is the zoom level of the map
- Defaults to 12
- MapType: Can be ROADMAP, SATELLITE, HYBRID or TERRAIN
- MapType is the type of map that is displayed first
- Defaults to ROADMAP
- Label: Can be contain any text other than a |
- Label is the Text shown in the infowindow when the user clicks on the marker (HTML cannot be used!)
- Defaults to the Address Variable
- Height: Can be declared as px or a %
- Height is the height of the div the map is contained in
- Defaults to 400px
- Width: Can be declared as px or a %
- Width is the width of the div the map is contained in
- Defaults to 90%
Variables should be defined with a semicolon e.g. Zoom:12
Variables should be seperated with a | (pipe) e.g. Zoom:12|MapType:ROADMAP
Only the Address variable is required to display a map! An example of the simplest form the gmap tag can take would be
[ gmap]Address:SY45JD[/gmap ]
An example of the full tag could be
[ gmap]Address:SY43RR|Zoom:8|MapType:TERRAIN|Height:500px|Width:95%|Label:The office in Myddle![/gmap ]
* All examples have an additional space in the [ gmap] tag which will need to be removed to show the map!